Do you have a dwindling wine supply? Wondering if you can get wine delivered to your door and avoid the holiday crowds? The answer is YES, you can!
We’ve found companies that will ship or deliver pretty much any red, white, rosé, dessert, or sparkling wine right to your front (or back) door.
1. Bright Cellars.
Bright Cellars Experience
is a monthly wine club subscription that matches you with unique wines based on your answers to a wine quiz. Don’t worry, you can’t fail with questions like: “What’s the one type of chocolate you could eat for the rest of your life?” and “What’s your go-to drink (when you’re out of wine)?”
After you join, you’ll receive a four-bottle selection once a month. You can make adjustments anytime before your next shipment processes by contacting the Wine Concierge team via email or phone (844) 223-5527.
The cost? $80 a month. Refer a friend as a member and earn points towards bonus bottles!
According to a Bright Cellars rep, they haven’t had issues shipping wine due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a few exceptions in Alabama. Unfortunately, there’s no list of states or areas they deliver to posted on the website, so the only way to know if you can receive a wine delivery is to enter your zip code during the registration step.
2. You don’t need a wine club subscription to order from Winc.
With a variety of wines starting at $12.99, you’ll want to taste as many as you can, like: ‘Keep It Chill’ and ‘Lost Poet.’
Although Winc wine club members
enjoy exclusive savings and benefits, you don’t have to join to order from this direct-to-consumer winery. As a non-member, the order minimum is one bottle, and shipping is $15 on all orders.
If you want to join a Winc club
, take the palate quiz and select a club option:
- The Winc membership is free. However, to place an order as a member it starts at three bottles a month for $39 plus $9 flat-rate shipping and tax. Buy four or more bottles and shipping is included. With bottles starting at $13 apiece, you can add as many bottles as you’d like to your monthly shipment. Your wine choice, quantity, and local tax rates may cause your monthly order to be higher or lower.
- Winc’s Insider Access membership is $59.95. This gives you member credits, which can be used toward the purchase of Winc items at any time.
As a member of either club, you can enjoy case discounts of 10% off any order of 12 or more bottles.
You can skip a month using the “Skip a Month” feature in the “My Membership” section. Just be sure to do so 48 hours before your next monthly processing date.
To cancel your membership call (855) 282-5829 or Live Chat via the Support button on the site. Winc cannot deliver to certain addresses in AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MI, MS, RI, SD, and UT. Winc cannot deliver wine in the following states: FL, NH, CT, WV There are also specific zip ‘dry’ codes. If you live in one of these zip codes, contact Winc to see if there’s a shipping solution the team can tailor to you.
3. Enjoy a year of free shipping with Macy’s Wine Cellar Unlimited.
As the survival of Macy’s retail business is up in the air, Macy’s Wine Cellar
is keeping wine lovers across the nation happy with wine delivery.
You can shop either as a non-member or join one of the clubs:
- Macy’s Wine Cellar Club – 12 bottles every three months for $159.99 (shipping included) plus save at least 20% on future club cases. That comes out to $13.33 a bottle.
- The Reserve Club – 12 bottles of premium wine every three months for $199.99 plus $19.99 shipping and tax. $20 off future club cases. Price breaks down to about $16.67 per bottle.
With an $89 annual membership in Macy’s Wine Cellar Unlimited
, any shopper can enjoy free shipping on orders of 12 or more bottles for an entire year.
You can cancel at any time by calling (888) 997-0319. Delivery is available for most states with the exception of AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, RI, UT. Indiana has a limited delivery area. You can expect a delivery attempt between 7 – 18 days after your order ships.
4. Shop curated wines at Martha Stewart Wine Co.
Of course, Martha has a wine company with a wine club. Good news, you don’t have to join the Martha Stewart Wine Co club
to order from Martha’s curated selection of wines. Order one to five bottles and pay $14.95; get free shipping on orders of six or more bottles.
If you are interested in joining one of Martha’s clubs, you have two options:
- Half-case Wine Club – six bottles every six weeks for $87.99 plus tax. Shipping is free. The breakdown is $14.67 a bottle.
- Case Wine Club – 12 bottles of wine every eight weeks for $159.98 plus tax. Shipping is free. Your cost is $13.33 a bottle.
You may cancel your club membership at any time by calling (888) 212-8197.
Delivery is available to all states except AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, RI, SD, and UT.
5. Virgin Wines offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on its wines.
Sir Richard Branson has quite a selection of wines you may enjoy. At Virgin Wines
, every bottle has a money-back guarantee! You don’t like wine? Ask for a refund.
In case you decide to join, here’s the scoop:
- The Virgin Wines Club – 12 bottles shipped to you every three months for $149.99 plus $19.99 shipping. That’s $14.76 a bottle.
- Virgin Wines VIP Club – 12 boutique wines every three months for $219.99 plus $19.99 shipping. That’s $20 a bottle. Also 20% off future club cases and other exclusive offers.
All shoppers can get free shipping with Virgin Wines Unlimited
. For $89 a year you will receive free shipping on every order of 12 or more bottles for an entire year.
You can cancel at any time by calling (866) 426-0336. Delivery is available for most states with the exception of AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, RI, UT. Indiana has a limited delivery area. You can expect a delivery attempt between 7 – 18 days after your order ships.
6. New customers receive six months of free shipping with Splash Wines.
Register for a free basic account with Splash Wines
and receive a complimentary six months of free shipping, including your first order.
Once the six months are up you can:
- Continue to order online and pay $4.95 shipping per case (except with third party offers like Groupon).
- Become a Wino for $29.95 per year and get free shipping on all orders for 12 months.
- Become a Founder for a one-time payment of $150, which will give you free shipping forever.
To keep pricing low, Splash Wines typically ships in 15-bottle cases, although you can find a few offers that vary in quantity. Their team is willing to help customize your case size.
Splash Wines ships to all states except AK, AR, HI, KY, MS, and UT. Certain zip codes in Alabama are serviceable. They also don’t ship to Canada.
Note: Due to coronavirus, Splash Wines will continue to service all regular shipping states; however, there may be fulfillment delays. Orders are currently shipping out within 7 – 10 business days depending on your order date.
7. Join the Firstleaf wine club and never run out of wine.
As a new member of the Firstleaf wine club
, you receive your introductory 6-bottle order for $39.95 with free shipping. That’s about $6.66 a bottle! You will need to create an account and take a palate quiz to help Firstleaf determine the best wine picks for you.
After your first order, you will automatically be enrolled in the Firstleaf wine club and receive 6-bottle cases for $79.98 plus $9.95 shipping every one, two, or three months based on your frequency preference. That’s $14.99 a bottle.
If for any reason you’re unhappy with the club, you can cancel your account at any time with no minimum commitments or cancellation fees. Firstleaf does not ship to AK, AL, HI, KY, MS, RI, and UT.
8. Enjoy wines by the glass at affordable prices at VineBox.
If you enjoy premium wines, VineBox
vials allow you to taste exclusive wines from around the world without having to pay for a full bottle, unless you want to.
The Quarterly Wine Club
offers a variety of plans:
- The one-person plan costs $79 per shipment every three months. You’ll receive one box with nine wines in single-serving-size bottles, plus you’ll get access to exclusive wines and up to 25% savings. The breakdown is $8.78 a glass.
- Upgrade to the Annual plan and pay $288 up front. That’s $72 a box (nine wines) or $8 per glass, which is about the same as a restaurant.
- The two-person plan doubles the number of wines you will receive to 18 and costs $142.20 including shipping. This is about $71.10 a box (nine wines) or $7.90 a glass.
- Upgrade to the annual plan and pay $518.40 up front and only pay $64.80 per box, or $7.20 per glass.
What if you love one of your wines? You can buy a full bottle or get VineBox recommendations on something similar. All changes to your membership like skipping a shipment or subscription cancellation are done by signing in to your account. All prepaid memberships are nonrefundable.
Orders are typically delivered within two to six business days depending on where you live. VineBox is unable to ship to AK, AL, AR, DE, HI, KY, MS, NH, RI, SD, UT, VT, and VA.
9. Shop the world’s largest section at Wine.
, you’ll find a world of boutique wines, popular blends, and collectibles that you can buy by the bottle or as curated sets for yourself or as a gift.
Since shipping at Wine is based on the number of bottles and the size and weight of your order, you may want to join the StewardShip program
for $49 per year and enjoy free standard shipping with no minimum purchase for the entire year.
Due to individual state laws, Wine ships from multiple warehouses, so prices and selections may vary. Wine is unable to ship to AL, DE, KY, ME, MS, MT, SD, and UT.
Read the fine print.
- Although all wine shipments in the U.S. require a person 21 or older to sign for the delivery, due to COVID-19, many companies have implemented contactless ID scanning and do not require you to actually sign for the delivery.
- Pricing is subject to additional fees, including tax, which can vary between states or areas.
- Expect delays in shipping during the coronavirus pandemic, even if the site suggests it’s shipping as normal.
- To cancel a subscription you may need to call or email. Some subscriptions may have restrictions on when you can cancel. Before enrolling in any subscription service, please read through the subscription disclosure or policy, as they may vary between companies.
- Be sure to check that they ship to your state and zip code, as certain states have “dry zip codes” that cannot get alcohol shipments.
Try Drizly, Doordash, and Instacart if you don’t want to join a wine club.
If you’d like wine delivery but don’t want to join a club, or you want something more immediate, or perhaps your significant other prefers a beer or some other type of alcohol, try Drizly
, or Instacart
for your fine wine and spirits online order.
These delivery services work with local liquor stores along with restaurants, breweries, and national retail stores to deliver your wine before your glass is empty.
► Looking for more Subscription boxes and monthly clubs? Look HERE!