I love making my own homemade products. They`re natural, save money and ultimately end up working better than store bought products! Because Shea Butter has such a large healing fraction, in addition to moisturizing fraction, regular use of this natural cream can treat many skin problems, including blemishes, wrinkles, itching, sunburns, small skin wounds, eczema, skin allergies, insect bites, frost bite, and other skin conditions. You can also use it for your own homemade products such as this one. This skin-nourishing lotion bar is in a roll up stick for easy application. Soothing and moisturizing shea butter combines with coconut oil and olive or castor oil to protect and soften skin.
- 2 tablespoons raw organic shea butter
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil- solid at room temp (can use extra shea butter if allergic to coconut)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil OR castor oil
- 2 teaspoons beeswax
- 20+ drops of essential oil of choice (optional) (chamomile, geranium, and orange are a good options)
- Slowly melt all ingredients, except essential oils, down in a double boiler or sturdy glass bowl over a small pan of boiling water.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Pour in to lotion bar tube.
- Let cool for several hours or overnight. I put mine in the fridge to speed the cooling process.
This recipe makes enough for one 4-ounce lotion bar tube. For a firmer lotion bar stick, use more beeswax. For a smoother lotion bar stick, use less beeswax and more coconut oil or olive oil.